Indubitably, the Internet offers an ultimate channel to reach users across the globe, but there is another channel that is equally proficient and imperative. Yes, I am talking about the mobile devices. Possessing a conspicuous mobile presence has become as essential as an impressive online presence.
With the accentuating number of mobile users and growing trend of accessing the Internet via advanced mobile devices, one thing is for sure that this trend is only expected to be augmented in the future. Thus, if you want to efficiently promote your business across the colossal mobile audiences, an effective mobile presence is quite crucial.
Moreover, enterprise mobility even helps enterprises to boost their productivity with surefire solutions. However, to ensure a surefire mobile solution, it must be something beyond just being a mobile version. For this, a planned out strategy is needed to be considered. This article will offer you an effective mobile design technique for enterprises.
Without any further ado, let’s explore an ideal enterprise mobility strategy.
For an absolute mobile experience, it is vitally important for an enterprise to thoroughly consider the mobiles owned by its staff members. It must be designed to facilitate the staff an easy access as and when desired. Here is a five-layer model that can help you design a reliable and prolific enterprise mobile solution.
This is the most basic requirement that must be included in every enterprise mobility strategy. According to this level, all the work-related info and tools must be easily accessible by the staff. Now, there are two possibilities related to the devices,
- When an organization-provided devices are used: In this situation, it must be ensured that the offered devices are advanced enough to stand up to the standard of enterprise mobility.
- When an organization embraces BYOD policy: With the Bring Your Own Device strategy, you will need to consider a few crucial aspects while designing. It includes the security issues, development cost, support for different devices and so forth.
As far as the accessibility is concerned, there are two considerations, Remote access and Wireless network connection. In these situations speed and security of shared data is highly crucial.
2- Touch screen devices
With the increasing popularity of touch devices, it has become essential for enterprises to design solutions without leaving the touch devices behind. Today, there is a plethora of mobile devices available in the market, ranging from small-screen wearables to large-screen tablets. Thus, it’s necessary to keep the aspects of the touchscreen devices in mind while designing. A few key points that must be considered to help create an efficient and intriguing design are as follows.
- Ideal finger tip size must be integrated for navigation ease.
- Interactions like swiping, tapping and pinching the screen to zoom.
- Readable content.
- Intuitive icons.
3- Device-specific features
There are several advanced device-specific features that can add to the credibility of your enterprise mobility solutions. You may include the GPS facility, device built-in camera, push notification capability and a lot more in your solution and enhance the functionality of your mobility solution in a great way. These device-specific features if included in the enterprise mobility solution can help boost the performance with better productivity.
4- Context of use
Unlike desktops, mobile devices facilitate users to work on the go. This is another designing aspect that involves certain factors associated with the users (that is, your staff members). It includes,
- User’s surroundings: This focuses over the environment in which the user is present.
- Way of interaction: It is primarily based on the way a user is holding the device. Like, whether a user is interacting with the device via a single hand or both the hands.
- Connectivity: This is whether the connection is reliable, persistent and speedy or not. Most importantly, is it accessible or not.
- User attention level: It includes the way in which a user is performing a task, like is he multi-tasking or concentrating on a single task at a time.
Revamping the business processes in order to make them more efficient to cater the organization’s need. Tinkering the existing enterprise’s processes to support the mobile world will augment the business opportunities. For instance, you may like to transform your ordinary attendance format (tabular form filling) into a mobile solution. Since, the tabular format won’t be easily accessible over mobile touch, it has to be processed in a way to augment navigation and accessibility while creating a prolific mobile solution. This layer may incur a hefty budget and lots of efforts, but will definitely deliver outstanding results.
To conclude this, it can be said that by keeping this five-layer model in mind while designing your enterprise mobility solution, you can surely create a surefire solution.